July 4 is always a big race day across the country. People used RaceJoy at all types of running races this past weekend – from the iconic Peachtree Road Race in Georgia to the Team RWB Firecracker Race in Daytona.
The AJC Peachtree Road Race is the largest 10K event in the world and has become a Fourth of July tradition for thousands of people.
The Team RWB Firecracker Race is a 10- and 4-mile race along the hard-packed sands of the world’s most famous beach – Daytona. All the proceeds from this July 4th race went to the Team RWB Veterans Organization.
The races that celebrated our nation’s independence this weekend with great courses in RaceJoy include:
- Peachtree Road Race
- Team RWB Firecracker Race
- Peavine Falls Run
- Pitman Freedom 4 Miler
- Freedom 5K
- Top of Utah Freedom Run
- Headin’ for Home 5K
- Volkslaufe – The People’s Race
Participants and spectators who used RaceJoy at these July 4th running races were able to experience the interactive race day features for just 99 cents. These features provide an innovative way to bring spectators and participants together – whether at the race site or not. Race day features include:
- Live real-time runner tracking (not an estimator)
- GPS-based progress alerts at every mile along the course (with information like pace and estimated finish – shown below)
- Send-a-Cheer (pre-recorded audio cheer clips)
- NearMe alerts (alerts when a desired participant is within a designated proximity)
- MeetUp (shows your position in relation to your tracked participants on a map).
These festive July 4th events encourage participants and spectators to enjoy a great day with friends and family on America’s birthday, all while getting out and being active. What better way is there to kick off the festivities of July 4th than with thousands of others celebrating our country and one another?